Jewellery Care & Warranty
To decrease the chances of your jewellery pieces wearing out, here are some ways on keeping the brightness of your gold plated jewelry. As it is a thin layer of gold, extra care should be taken to maximize its lifespan.
- Avoid spraying perfume or other sprays while wearing your gold plated jewellery. Wear your jewellery after you have sprayed on your perfume so that chemicals from spray or perfume does not interact with your jewellery’s metal.
- Wait until your lotion or cream is dry or has been absorbed by your skin before you wear your gold plated ring or necklace.
- Substances like oil, nail polish, nail polish remover, chlorine and perfume may react with metal/plated jewellery and will cause it to tarnish easily. This also goes with sweat, so make sure you don’t forget to remove your gold plated jewellery when you exercise or anything that would require heavy physical work, and also when swimming.
- Every after use, clean your plated jewellery with a cotton ball or a very soft cloth to remove any dust and dirt it has acquired. Gently rubbing the surface of your gold plated jewelry using a soft jewellery cloth also helps restore shine.
- If your jewellery needs more cleaning you may clean it with warm, soapy water. Soak it for a few minutes and you may clean it with a soft brush. Stay away from jewellery cleaners and antibacterial soaps which may have certain components that will just make your gold plated jewellery tarnish more quickly.
- To avoid scratches, wrap your jewellery in a soft cloth after cleaning or keep it in a jewellery box separate from other types of jewellery you have.
We offer a 3-month warranty on all items with proof of purchase. Under the Consumer Guarantees Act (CGA), our warranty covers faulty items. However, it does not cover wear & tear. Please refer to our care guidance above for general care instructions to keep your jewellery long-lasting.